player playlist
Every time I write something about you, I’ve always wondered what you’d think and feel if you knew.

Last night, I was on the verge of sending you my blog’s URL without telling you that it’s mine. Would you realize it was made solely for you?

Would you recognize the small talks we shared? There’s a chance, yes, but I bet, you won’t remember it the way I did. Every moments we shared together, just the two of us or with a couple of others, I have it memorized so I could replay it on my mind over and over again. That’s not enough, though. I have to write it here and tagged your name because I am hoping I can show it to you someday.

This blog.

Philippine Red Cross La Union Chapter: Reaching the Young of San Gabriel La Union


       Today, October 4, 2013, I joined my senior at Philippine Red Cross La Union Chapter in yet another worthwhile activity at the town of San Gabriel, La Union. We went to conduct a Re-echo of First Aid on two elementary schools from this town. This is an activity under the Disaster Risk reduction in Schools Project of the Philippine Red Cross with the support of the German Red Cross.


       This is my second time assisting my seniors in conducting this kind of activity. The first one was at Palina Elementary School, Pugo, La Union last September 27, 2013. I was with Ma'am Julie Hipona, monitoring officer of Disaster Risk Reduction in Schools Project and sempai Miles Salesale, a Social Service instructor.

       Going back to this day, I am with Ma'am Cherlyne Parica, monitoring officer of Disaster Risk Reduction in Schools Project. First we arrived at San Gabriel Central School, San Gabriel, La Union. We had around 146 participants mostly composed of 4th and 6th graders.

 


       Then in the afternoon, we proceed to Bunbuneg Elementary School. Eighteen participants had joined us in the discussion. Three from them also tackled some discussions about disaster preparedness to help their fellow friends and classmates in refreshing the things that they know about the topic. Everyone from both school had been so participative and active.

 


       And every time PRC conducts a Re-echo, there is always a quiz bee that follows. This is another way to strengthen their awareness on some must-know in disaster preparedness and first aid. I had somehow managed to have the list of those who managed to stand out against their fellow students.

San Gabriel Central School: 1st, Gilliane Krystal de la Cruz; 2nd, Jumel Gene Aquino; 3rd, Diezel Malatag.
Bunbuneg Elementary School:1st, Chrisvon Minreda, ; 2nd, Oliver Ordoño; 3rd, Erianne Vynscent Fransco.

On the same time, La Union Chapter is also conducting Mural Painting on selected schools from the province in relation with the promotion of the same movement. The murals depict the theme "PREPARE: Disaster Risk reduction in Schools". Luckily, PRC-La Union have talented and artistic individuals who are willing to utilize their talents in order to support the aims of the organization. [I'm planning to make a separate post for this one, for the collection of some photos of the painted walls soon.]


This is from one of the walls of  Bunbuneg Elementary School, San Gabriel, La Union. 
Done last October 4, 2013. 


This is from one of the walls of Pagudpud Elementary School, City of San Fernando, La Union. 
Done last October 1, 2013. 

No comments:

Post a Comment